Wow! 2016 is off to an exciting beginning
- My new online coach mentoring program launches on February 17th. Go to CoachDeep.com to learn more or contact me directly CHFcoach@me.com.
- I’ve taken over posting my CHF Thoughts… thus I missed my January deadline as I learned how to manipulate all of this.
On to my Thoughts for February:
We have a motion camera positioned on a post off the patio at the ranch. This past weekend I was browsing through about a hundred photos from October through January. (I won’t wait that long again!) There were many visits from deer, Ange (our pup), and shots of Rich and me as we entered or exited the house. Kinda boring… until mid-January when this guy appeared! Of course I Googled Lynx having only seen one “live” in my life. Yesterday, I got out my Animal-Speak book and read more. Here are some things I discovered:
- This is a Lynx, possibly of the Canadian variety. Bobcats are more common in the SW part of the US but they are redder, spotted, and don’t care so much for snow. This guy has big feet (to walk on the snow) and loves to eat snowshoe hares, who flourish up in the high mountains of Colorado.
- Ok, ok… why am I writing about him in this newsletter? Animal-Speak has some interesting thoughts about what it means when he pays a visit, something you might find interesting to ponder.
The Lynx is about Secrets and Vision of the Hidden and Unknown. The suggestion is to look for that which is hidden and to trust your instincts as the things you imagine are probably more accurate than you think. He has the ability to teach you how to know the inner workings of others… see what others may be hiding from themselves and others such as fears, activities and even abilities.
As I pondered what I read, I thought how the Lynx could support all of me (you?) in being more coach-like. A coach listens and feels more than what the client is saying. The coach learns to connect more deeply with the other person. This supports the client in discovering what he really desires to express and/or do. Many times it is a surprise. So, in every interaction with others, I can listen with more than my ears. Here are some ways that I offer for you to do the same:
- Pay attention to what your body is sensing from another. What emotions are you beginning to experience? Maybe, just maybe, you are picking up on the emotions of the other person.
- As you listen, ask yourself if the emotions that are coming up are yours. If the answer is no, ponder what these emotions are allowing you to understand about the other person.
- An example: I remember some of my conversations with my son when he was a teenager. Jonathan would say, “but Mom, all the other kids are doing this. Why won’t you let me?” What he implied with his words was that he felt “this” was an okay thing to do. What I felt (when I listened deeply) was that he wanted my support, my strength to help him say NO. When I held to my conviction from my values, I felt his relief. On the other hand, when my conviction wasn’t that strong but I kept saying no, he sensed it… and just maybe he was right in that moment. Again, if I was listening deeply, I might pay more attention to my emotions as well as his and just maybe we could come to a compromise.
How might you use the gift of the Lynx and listen more deeply? Please share with me what you experience in paying attention to the inner workings of another. We all have the ability… if we practice.
Want to know more about how I use shifting energies in my coaching and in my life? Go to my website and read some of the articles and/or consider reading my book: 5 Life Energies: The Choice You Have in How Energy Shapes Your Life © 2009. It is available on Amazon.